With the advancement in technology numerous modifications have been put together in almost every field of life, especially in schools and education that help make the school one of the most interesting place for kids. Gone are the days when teachers use chalk and blackboard in school now the teachers as well as kids are heavily dependent on different gadgets to carry out their day to day tasks. Today with just one click you can have a list of the required information. In short e-education has taken over the learning experience of a student.
Today it is almost impossible for us to remember the world without the technology. Now we pretty much rely on technology that makes our life easy. No matter where you are, you can connect to another part of the world with the help of smart devices and the Internet. We are surrounded by computers. Today digital technology has completely changed the world. Not only in the education system, but it brings the whole world under an umbrella. But remember where there are advantages of something there are also some disadvantages and here in this article we shed light how digital learning is changing schools and education of today. What are their benefits and disadvantages? So, have a look:
What actually digital learning is?
Digital learning in simple words is the use of gadgets and Internet for the education purpose. It includes visual and audios as well as other interactive methods to teach students. With the advancement in technology this method is gaining popularity day by day and today almost every school by replacing chalks, dusters and blackboards adopting whiteboards, markers and LED screens. This will help the student recall the things easily as compared to the old traditional methods.
Advantages of digital learning:
Well, for most reasons digital learning has a lot of advantages some of them we are sharing here:
- No matter where you are and what time it is you will have access to quality education anytime and anywhere in the world. All you need is a smart device such as, iPod, laptop, computer, etc. and an Internet connection and the world are at your fingertips.
- Through digital learning education gets personalized, that is, students can learn things easily and with clear concepts. In simple words education with the help of smart devices becomes adaptive.
- You can from anywhere in the world access to different teachers, through video calling or chat calling and you will have a detailed explanation of your query within no time.
- The new and interactive methods create students’ interest in learning.
- Students don’t have any time restriction and can learn new things and concepts at their own speed. For instance, in the classroom, students have limited time in which they have to grasp the concept given by teachers, but now they can after coming home with just one click can open any topic and learn accordingly.
- Today there are a lot of universities offering online courses and students by sitting at home can learn any subject anytime and from anywhere in the world.
- There are a lot of students who feel difficulty in writing a perfect assignment due to which they were unable to get good grades, but now with the advancement in technology students with just one click order essays from essay writing service and have an outstanding paper at the best rates that too within the deadline.
Disadvantages of digital learning:
Well, where there are advantages, there are also some disadvantages of digital learning that are pretty obvious:
- You never know when the digital technologies you are using get corrupted; hacked or damaged that will lose your important data at once. Once your data are hacked, the hacker could destroy all the data and you will be empty handed.
- Another disadvantage of using digital technology is power shut down. If you are using a laptop you will be saved, but on personal computers all your data might be lost.
The Bottom story:
When you are adopting for digital learning you have unlimited opportunities around you. It plays a major role in almost every field of life, especially in the education system. It reinforces the education system of today and helps children learn new and innovative things that make them intelligent from the children of the past. Internet also made the research work easy for students. Now they don’t have to travel all the way to the university to complete their research project, but can do it by sitting from home. Today, students can easily write custom essays just by sitting at home anytime and from anywhere in the world and can easily email it to their teachers.