Healthcare these days is tuning itself back with organic treatment and, in the process, is digging up to the variety of flora and fauna that act as a source of such enrichment. When it comes to skin, the use of natural products is a very common phenomenon. Not just from the plants and herbs of the land, the advanced research and access to the marine world has also contributed a great deal to this field. Among the marine herbs, there’s a group of sea algae that are recognized as seaweeds called kelp. Kelp falls into the group of the brown algae family and grows in the shallow underwater of oceans. Being rich in nutrients sea kelp offers benefits to your skin in many ways.
Here’s a few you need to know.
1.Helps to Retain Moisture and Get away with Breakouts: Sea Kelp is rich in Iodine content. There are minerals and antioxidant properties which help in retaining the moisture of your skin. By reaching deeper into the skin, it fastens the healing process of affected or dormant tissues and gives a soothing feel. There are various minerals present in sea kelp such as magnesium, fluorine, and calcium which work upon the skin when applied. Thus painful breakouts are lessened, and the moisture retaining quality keeps the skin hydrated and helps to do away with dryness, patches, and rough texture of the skin and brings out a natural blemish-free glow on the skin.
- Works as an Anti-Aging Ingredient: One of the major reasons why skin starts aging is because of its oxidation process. Antioxidants by removing the toxins from the skin keep it healthy from within. Sea kelp helps in protecting the skin from various sources: from UV rays, from the daily pollution of the urban life, and also from the external agents. It also hinders in the early skin elasticity loss, thereby holding on to the firmness of the surface.
- Functions as an Anti-Inflammatory: This sea weed contains fucodian which is an important anti-inflammatory property. With the help of this particular element, it removes the extra mucous from the body by loosening it. Because of this property, swellings on the skin get reduced in the shortest possible span when kelp is applied. Thus patients having osteoporosis, arthritis etc. are benefited by the application of sea kelp. Not only this, it also lessens the possibility of Rosacea by reducing the pooling of blood beneath the skin.
- Contains Fatty Acids: Among the various rich contents Kelp is endowed with, fatty acids happen to be an important one. The fatty acids break down the complex food compounds and also contribute to the anti-oxidizing process within the skin. It assists in holding the moisture of the skin and along with that hinders the quick loss of the same, thus making one look fresh. If consumed as a part of the dish, sea kelp also helps in improving metabolism and enhancing the digestive capacity of the body.
- Removes Patches: Sea Kelp removes toxic elements and cleans the skin from inside leaving back only the fresh and newly formed cells, making the skin healthier from its very source. Sea kelp removes the dead cells and the hydrating element in it gives a natural glow to the skin. The dark spots automatically fade away and the skin automatically looks brighter and fresh. Dark spots which once seemed to be impossible to remove thus become invisible and one gets a beautiful skin texture.
- Checks Hair Loss: The richness of sea kelp is evident for a variety of minerals it contains. Along with the other benefits Sea kelp acts as one of the most effective remedies for hair fall. For example, deficiency of zinc, iron, and potassium may cause the thinning of hair. Similarly, loss of iodine may give rise to dandruff. All these minerals are present in this sea weed. Moreover, it also prevents the scalp to get dried off through its hydrating capacity and checking hair breaks and hair fall. Not just it prevents but also strengthens the hair from its root making it healthier than ever.
The best way to consume sea kelp is through dietary. Chinese people have included sea kelp in a lot of their dishes. Consuming it directly gives the best of results within the shortest possible time. However, there are food supplements and tablets available too. Sea kelp is a complete skin care package which does an overall healing and nurturing of the skin.
Apart from the skin care part, it also has many other health benefits such as fat burning, energy boosting, immunity enhancing, metabolism boosting, hypothyroidism controlling, blood sugar level balancing etc. Thus if you’re planning to undergo a regular organic skin care therapy, sea kelp can be your ideal choice.